Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Prommel's Apartment

My second survival map for Left 4 Dead 2. It was inspired by a picture I had seen of a friend's apartment littered with trash. After seeing that, and hearing more stories about the filthiness of that apartment, some other friends joked that that should be my next map. Now, I still have never seen the rest of the apartment. All I had was one photo of one corner of a kitchen. So I had to extrapolate. I made a simple, typical apartment and dirtied it up. But that was, of course, way too small an environment for a game. I needed something outside it, but figured putting it in a regular old apartment building would be boring. Eventually I landed on the idea that the inside and the outside could be two different worlds. So Prommel's apartment sits inside a dilapidated shack on a small hill in some sort of nightmarish hellscape. It is very bi-chromatic but the low ambient light against the bright red background makes for great silhouettes.

Download








Toni Braxton. Don't judge.

Red and black.

Black and red.

Red and black.

Black and red.

In this shot there is some - no, still red and black.

No comments:

Post a Comment